Everyone loves ice cream but for Rosemarie, it holds a special place in her heart. Growing up, her father would make ice cream as a means to take care of his family and it was Rosemarie’s favorite thing to eat. So for the last 20 years, she has been carrying on the legacy and making the delicious sweet treat for friends and family. On this week’s episode of Tasty Business, Rosemarie shares her recipe on how to make the perfect scoop of coconut ice cream.
For more Caribbean inspired flavours of ice cream, check out Rosemarie’s shop Neale’s Sweet n Nice Ice Cream here: https://utm.io/uov4
Rosemarie’s Coconut Ice Cream Recipe:
1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
1 tbs Custard powder
1 tbs Cornstarch
Approx 1 cup (250ml) of sugar (to taste)
1 can (400ml) Coconut Milk
Flavoring – Almond/mixed essence/mixed essence
2 bags ice
2 boxes coarse salt
1) In sauce pan, bring 1 cup water to boil
2) Dissolve custard powder and cornstarch powder in 1/2 cup water and add to boiling water
to create your base.
3) Add remaining ingredients to base (on low heat) stirring gently.
4) Allow mixture to cool for about 1/2 hr, then put in your in your mixer for the freezing.
5) Add ice and salt alternately, The ice must fill the mixer.
6) After 30-45 minutes, the ice-cream should be firm and ready for eating.
For more Tasty Business episodes: https://utm.io/ulGV
#recipe #icecream #dessert